Monday 19 September 2011

Dear Tobias,


I am glad, elated and am even mildly standing-beside-myself, having learnt that you too have become privy to the joyous news I have received of late. I am however saddened, embittered and even, I am not ashamed, abashed or even rosy-cheeked to admit it, tearful, when I think of the ways and means by which you have come by this information. I do recall perceiving the remembrance of having noticed an overly curious pigeon ogling the workers changing the sign beside my office door from the meager Dr. Montgomary to the glorious and gold-encrusted lengthiness of Professor Montgomary; PhD. Is it safe to assume it was a member of that crack spy team you employ, the notorious and awkwardly-head-moving Pecking Pack? Alas your zealous espionage has come to nothing, and even worse, for it eases the chore of writing this letter.

Living in an age when the divine right of kings is an exploded and antiquated concept, must we not extend the argument even to religious positions. Thus having recently been acknowledged for my research in experimental and avant-garde theology, I am proposing that I replace you as the head of our little, lets say, organization. You can obviously retain almost all of you duties and refer to me those decisions which are in need of a professorial stamp of approval.

I acknowledge that such a request may be met with opposition, disbelief and even perhaps a sprinkle of infelicity, but I believe even you, Toby, will see the wisdom with which I speak.

Yours and My Own,

The Professor,
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment